Each member of ADVOC has a proven record of immediate response to the needs of clients of other member firms. Each member is committed to ensuring that all clients will be more than satisfied with the service provided.
Members are selected to join ADVOC for their wide experience of commercial work within their region. No fees or commission are charged for introductions and no time is wasted. As a result , referrals can be made quickly and with complete confidence.
Following an introduction, clients may choose to work directly with the ADVOC member required or they can call upon their previous lawyer to act as a co-ordinator and correspondent on their behalf. This is particularly valuable if work is to take place in several countries simultaneously.
- Deep roots from long established network (Founded 1990);
- Not-for-profit ethos, putting the client first, consensual, professional and collegiate, rather than corporate;
- Exceptional due diligence on new member applicants before admission;
- Integrated global management with low overheads, modest membership fees and quick decision making;
- Centralised secretariat, business development and support services supplied by Ashfords LLP in London;
- Member firms committed to improved ranking in Chambers Legal Directory.
I found the speakers interesting with the topics highly relevant to the legal profession. I also enjoyed the social activites and the opportunity to talk to our fellow ADVOC members.
- Global legal support for clients from firms who are among the leaders in their jurisdictions, effectively creating a virtual law firm of over 5,500 lawyers;
- Non-exclusive, no referral fees payable on work introduction between members, the best interests of the client being the only relevant criterion;
- Member to member review ensuring high quality standards;
- Rolling programme of client-facing seminars – for example the Global M&A Conference, London and the International Business Law Conference, Bali;
- Member cooperation on multiple high value cross-border M&A transactions;
- Issue of International Business Handbooks and ADVOC Gazettes.
- Global Practice Groups sharing legal and “how to” expertise in all major disciplines;
- Five, well attended Member conferences annually;
- Contemporary website updated daily;
- Intuitive members-only extranet enabling member cohesion and common standards;
- Dynamic ADVOC Junior group bringing forward the ADVOC leaders of the future;
- Register of ‘best friends’ law firms in jurisdictions where ADVOC not yet represented;
- Cross border lawyer exchange, training, library, research and other support resources.