Spain: Tax reform and more benefits for investing in Spain
On August 6th 2014 Spain published draft laws that will modify the country's main taxes: personal income tax, corporate income tax and value added tax. Despite only being at draft stage, they’re expected to enter into force next January 1st 2015.
Among these new measures, Spanish companies will pay fewer taxes as, for example, standard rate in Corporate Income Tax will decrease from 30% to 28 % in 2015 and 25% in 2016.
These new tax measures are especially important for foreigners who want to invest in Spain since Spain is also offering the possibility of obtaining a residency visa to any individual making a significant investment, providing such investment complies with any of the following requirements:
- An investment of €2,000,000 in Spanish government bonds.
- An investment of €1,000,000 or more in shares of Spanish companies.
- The acquisition of property worth more than €500,000, free of charges
- A business project to be developed in Spain and which is considered to be, and recognized as being, of general interest taking into account the compliance of at least one of the following conditions:
1. Job creation.
2. A significant socioeconomic impact in the geographical area in which the business is going to be established.
3. Making a significant contribution to scientific innovation and/or technology.
In ESTUDI JURIDIC we are helping companies establish themselves in Spain. If you’re interested, do not hesitate to contact us.
Search ADVOC News
Maddocks has been appointed to the Commonwealth Legal Services Panel. Find out more about the appointment and our C… https://t.co/tED4XXcma6