England: Ashfords LLP top ranking in PitchBook's Global League Table
Ashfords has again been ranked as one of the most active law firms globally in venture capital. The firm has been ranked 2nd in Europe for 2018 by PitchBook, which provides a comprehensive ranking of private equity and venture capital activity worldwide.
Ashfords is the only independent UK law firm to appear in the top five most active firms in Europe and has been placed in the top 5 in each of the past eight quarters.
PitchBook's global review details top investors by region, firm headquarters, as well as the most active advisers and acquirers of PE-backed and VC-backed companies.
Chris Dyson, Partner and Head of Ashfords' technology sector, commented: "Ashfords' recognition in this prestigious league table confirms the team's position as a leading venture capital practice in Europe. The team has deep expertise in this area and are very proud to work alongside many leading investment funds and growth companies."
Deals the firm completed globally in 2018 include advising:
- Notion Capital, Eden Ventures and BGF Ventures on the $350m sale of NewVoiceMedia to Vonage
- Form3 on its investment from Draper Esprit, Barclays and Angel CoFund
- Fluidly on its investment from Nyca Partners and Octopus
- Anthemis on its investment in Realyse
- Simply Cook on its investment from Octopus
- WhiteHat on its investment from Lightspeed, Village Global, Anil Aggarwal, and Wendy Tan White
- Mobius Motors on its investment from Pan-African Investment Company, Playfair Capital, VestedWorld and others
- Local Globe on its investment in StatusToday
- Holtzbrinck Ventures and Notion Capital on the sale of Dealflo to OneSpan
- BGF on its investment in Ruroc.
Search ADVOC News
Our last panel is discussing international registration for IP. #Crammer19
Data is the new currency, says Jessica Burn. South African companies need to prepare for the full enactment of the… https://t.co/cOoesab9WP
The ostrich industry is taking flight in South Africa, says Mia de Jager. She further refers to it as a… https://t.co/pYNGLbATwo
Stuart Fleet, one of Ashfords’ specialist corporate lawyers has produced a comprehensive Q&A guide to equity capita… https://t.co/KNzx5OA4lu